Instrucciones de formato de artículos
“Revista de Ingeniería INNOVA” publishes articles that are related to engineer science and fall within the scope of the journal. Authors must indicate the field their article belongs to and if the article is a research paper, a technical note, a discussion paper or a comment. Only original unpublished work that is not being submitted for publication elsewhere at the same time can be submitted.
Basic requirements for the acceptance of the article are:
1. Manuscript style: The manuscript must be written in Times New Roman font, 12 pt, with single-line spacing, A4 paper, left margin 2 cm, right margin 2 cm, top and bottom margins 2.5 cm, respectively. The manuscript must be submitted as Microsoft Office Word file. The length of the article is limited to 12 pages. Manuscripts that do not meet these requirements are rejected before being presented to reviewers.
2. Title page: The article must contain a title page in Spanish or English language, in Times New Roman font, 14 pt, bold. The full name of all authors and their affiliation including address and e-mail must be included.
3. Abstract and keywords: The length of the abstract is limited to 200 words in Times New Roman font, 12 pt. The abstract must summarize the key issues and the most important conclusions or applications that are presented in the article. The abstract must be provided in both English and Spanish. Three keywords should be included.
4. Content of the Article
The structure of the article must at least contain the following sections:
- an introduction that indicates the motivation of the work,
- the working steps that have been carried out and the principal results and observations,
- a concluding section that also indicates the importance of the work and
In the text, references must be quoted as follows:
(Mendoza, 2010) or (Kane & Mattew, 2009).
In case of more than two authors the reference must be cited as (Rojas et al., 2008). The reference list must be ordered alphabetically. A reference to more than one work by the same author published in the same year, should be identified as follows: 2011a, 2011b, etc.
References to articles should be listed as in the following examples:
- LORCA, I.L. (1986): Molecular Dynamics Applications. Revista de Ingenieria INNOVA, Vol. 130, pp. 125-131.
- PÉREZ, J. A. - CAMELO, B. R. - PALACIO, M. A. (1979): Sorption of hydrophobic pollutants on natural sediments. Water Research 13, pp. 241-248.
References to monographs should be listed as:
- FREEZE, R., CHERRY, J. (1979): Groundwater. 604 pp.; Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
Illustrations, schemes, diagrams and photographs should be considered as figures. Figures must have a resolution of minimum 300 dpi and must be numerated and ordered as they are referred to in the text as: Figure 1, Figure 2, etc. A caption must be added below, centered and set in Times New Roman, 10pt. On request of “Revista de Ingeniería INNOVA”, authors of accepted manuscripts must provide figures in higher resolution.
Tables must have a caption centered above the table in the same style as Figures (see Section 6). The reference to tables must be: Table 1, Table 2, etc.
Equations must be aligned to the left. Symbols must be formatted in the text and in the equation in the same way. References to equations must be: Eq. 1, Eq. 2, etc.
Each author receives two offprints of the journal issue where his article is published. A pdf-version of the article is sent to all authors by e-mail.
Articles must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
An article that fulfills the requirements listed above will be reviewed by two independent reviewers. The reviewers assess the manuscript and give a recommendation to the chief editor. The recommendation can be:
- Accepted without comments,
- Accepted with comments,
If both reviewers recommend the acceptance of the manuscript, it will be published after the manuscript has been corrected according to the reviewer’s comments, if applies. If one reviewer recommends to accept the manuscript and the other one recommends to reject it, the manuscript will be send to a third reviewer whose assessment decides about the publication. If both reviewers recommend rejection, the manuscript will not be published.
Opinions expressed in the articles published by the journal “Revista de Ingeniería Innova” do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the Facultad de Ciencias de Ingeniería y Construcción or the editors of the journal. Hence, authors are completely responsible for any expressed opinions.
Formulario para enviar Articulo